New Report Released: Yield and Consistency Drive Soybean Seed Brand Decisions
Stratus Ag Research recently released the 2018 Soybean Seed Focus360 report. Designed to track farmers’ customer experiences and reactions to soybean seed companies’ marketing efforts in Western Canada.
Along with containing the farmer views of the major soybean seed brands in the West, the following are key insights derived from the report:
- Value and trust are factors considered by farmers when assessing a soybean seed brand, but they are not top of mind. Yield and consistent performance drive soybean brand decision making.
- Brand reuse is linked to farmers’ satisfaction with variety performance as well as the service they receive from the seed company.
- When considering seed brands, one of the key reasons why a farmer will reject a soybean brand is that it is not recommended by their preferred seed dealer.
- Direct contact through farm visits by seed companies are very important for assisting farmers in deciding which brands to grow on their farm.
- Retailer discussions and recommendations about a seed brand are important to farmers in helping them decide to use the brand.
The report illustrates the performance of soybean seed brands as viewed by farmers in the following key areas: positioning, user experience, purchase dynamics, promotions, and channel effort.
Soybean Seed Focus360 report delivers actionable insights that clients can use to:
- Establish clear product positions based on factors that drive farmer decisions.
- Identify competitive advantages based on farmer perceptions of product strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify ways to improve the quality of their customer experience.
- Define communication messages that resonate with farmers.
- Assess the impact of their advertising campaigns.
- Provide guidance and objectives to communication agencies.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of their direct contact with farmers.
- Identify ways to improve the effectiveness of their retail distribution.
Contact Michael Reidy at (519) 843-1116 or MichaelReidy@StratusResearch.com to learn more.